SiteGround started in 2004 in Bulgaria and has built itself into one of the premier hosts in the web hosting space, boasting over 2 million unique domains on their various hosting services. While maintaining a stable presence in Bulgaria, SiteGround has expanded during its 15+ years of growth, with locations now in Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.
SiteGround remains one of the few big web hosts who are not owned by Endurance International Group (EIG), a conglomerate that now has a massive stable of web hosting companies under its parent umbrella. It’s independence has allowed it to pivot with the market, giving it an impressive stable of products for both new and power users alike. From budget Shared Hosting and WordPress Hosting to powerful enterprise-level Cloud Services, SiteGround more than likely has a product that fits your needs. So without further ado, let’s dive into those products!
Products and Pricing
WordPress Hosting is one area where SiteGround absolutely shines. A consistent contributing member of the WordPress community and frequent sponsors of WordCamps worldwide, SiteGround has truly put an emphasis on providing stellar WordPress Hosting.
SiteGround offers three tiers of Shared and WordPress Hosting, the StartUp plan, the GrowBig plan and the GoGeek plan, each of which come with an impressive set of features. While more expensive than a lot of Shared Hosting alternatives, the GrowBig and GoGeek plans function as great, high-performance introductory WordPress plans for multiple sites. This includes Managed WordPress, out of the box caching, unlimited websites and databases and a bevy of other features (see screenshot below).
This is certainly a higher-end WordPress Hosting product, but you are getting tremendous value for the higher price tag. SiteGround offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of their Shared and WordPress Hosting plans, so if you are unhappy or unable to get set up with what you want, they will give you a full refund for the first month.
StartUp – $6.99/mo for first year, $14.99/mo after
GrowBig – $9.99/mo for first year, $24.99/mo after
GoGeek – $14.99/mo for first year, $39.99/mo after
Interested in starting an online store? WooCommerce is the #1 open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress, and SiteGround has become experts in hosting WooCommerce sites. Built on the same StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek Hosting layers, Siteground will pre-install WooCommerce for you on purchase and get you set up to start selling any product or service and immediately accept payments out-of-the-box.
The faster your website, the easier it is to sell online, and SiteGround’s Managed WooCommerce Hosting includes a free Cloudflare CDN to make sure your site is loading fast regardless of where your traffic comes from. They also have smart caching specifically crafted for online stores and fast Solid-State Drive (SSD) servers with PHP7 and OPcache.
Marketed as their “autoscalable” option for high-performing sites, Siteground’s Managed Cloud Hosting offering is their enterprise-level product. Starting at $100/mo for the Entry plan, Siteground promises a fully-managed service with guaranteed resources (see screenshot below for details). Their Business, Business Plus and Super Power plans, priced at $200, $300 and $400/month, respectively, means that as your business grows, their Cloud Hosting platform will grow with you and your needs.
If you have a larger business with a budget, and have a good understanding of web hosting, SiteGround’s Managed Cloud might be a great option for you. If you are running an online store or marketplace, SiteGround also offers a Managed WordPress and WooCommerce service with managed updates, staging sites to test your updates and dynamic caching.
- Free SSL – All SiteGround plans come with a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate included with your purchase. This SSL will give your site verification that any data entered on your site by visitors is secure. If you prefer a different type of SSL, their support staff is also available to help you install that on your server.
- CDN – SiteGround caches your content across their Content Delivery Network (CDN), so regardless of where your visitors may be in relation to the data center your server is located at, you can rest assured that users will see your website in a timely manner.
- Website Migration – If you already have a WordPress site and are looking for a new host, SiteGround has options to help you migrate your site over. Their SiteGround Migrator WordPress plugin makes it a simple process that lets their team handle the heavy lifting of moving everything over.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee – All plans come with a generous 30-day money-back guarantee. Don’t like what you were sold? Get a refund back anytime in the first month.
- All Solid-State Drive (SSD) Servers – All SiteGround servers utilize SSDs, which perform much better to their Hard Disk Drive (HDD) counterpart.
- Top Notch Support – One of the things we love about SiteGround is their commitment to WordPress. Part of that commitment is a top-notch support team that understands WordPress and all of its ins and outs. If you purchase the GoGeek plan, you will also get additional Priority Support.
- Unlimited Email Accounts – There’s nothing better than getting your first @yourdomainname.com email address. SiteGround gives you unlimited accounts, so create inboxes for any personnel or functions you see necessary!
Overall, Siteground, while providing a simple suite of products, understands the WordPress space better than almost any other web host out there. If you are planning on starting a WordPress site, whether it’s a blog, an online store using WooCommerce, or an agency with multiple sites needing multiple databases, SiteGround is a great place to look for an optimized solution. While a bit more expensive than some other budget WordPress hosting providers, you get the peace of mind that they truly know what they are doing and are invested in the future of their customers and the WordPress community as a whole.