If you are using Facebook Live, Podcasting or creating videos, this post is for you.
I love finding new tools and almost fell out of my chair when I came across Simple Social Press. Briefly, Simple Social Press pulls your Facebook Live recorded video and pushes it (and all the comments) to your WordPress website into a unique blog post. You can customize the posts with text, images, SEO, whatever you want.
As you know, if you create one piece of content and spread it around (Blog, YouTube, Facebook, eblast, etc) you exponentially improve your visibility. The problem with Facebook Live (until developer Hani Mourra came along) was that unless someone is a super fan they are never going to scroll through your (often endless) wall of content, and there is really not much SEO potential for a Facebook Live event.
A few highlights about the Simple Social Press plugin:
- You can have a choice to automatically push the Facebook Live Video to your website, or do it manually.
- Once the video is on your site you may go into it and add content, text, headline, SEO, images, etc.
- Beneath each video you will see three boxes (which can be customized to your brand colors) that allow site visitors to sign up for your email list, Share the content or follow you on Facebook.
- You can import videos into categories.
- All of the comments that took place during the LIVE event transfer into your post!
Everything is customizable and I PROMISE you, the user interface is beyond simple. Hani, the developer, is a user himself, and since he actually responds to many of the customer service queries, he knows what his users wants and integrates the requests into the plugin.
Note: This is minor, but could be important to you, Facebook does not allow Facebook Live videos that were held in PRIVATE groups to be exported. This is a Facebook restriction, not a plugin deficit.
The other thing we discuss in our chat is Hani Moora’s other premium plugin, Repurpose. Because you know me, you will know that I love it already.
Repurpose takes the Facebook Live video and pushes it over to YouTube. The significance here is that YouTube is the second most used search engine. So if people don’t find you on Google, they could find you on YouTube! Of course you have the ability to go into YouTube (and you should) to link the video over to your website and add tags and a description.
Here is a list of other features of Repurpose:
- Convert Audio Podcasts To Videos and Publish To YouTube and Facebook
- Upload Facebook Live Videos To YouTube
- Push your Audio Podcast to SoundCloud
- Convert Facebook Lives to an Audio Podcast on iTunes
- Upload Facebook Live Videos to Other Facebook Groups or Pages
- Backup Audios and Videos to Google Drive and Dropbox
- And More …
During the interview with Hani he shares his screen and literally takes you through the setup and gives you a demo of the plugins.
If you are a Podcaster check out this plugin, Simple Podcast Press which has features that will make your life easier AND improve your stats.
I have now used the plugin for a few of my clients and they could not be happier. Please enjoy the video and let me know if you have any questions. If you are using the plugin, please list your site in the comments so we can see you (and the plugin) in action.