Happy October. We are delighted to announce that we have uploaded 20 new layouts into the Divi Cloud plugin, I will spend some time reviewing what you can expect later in the post. To begin, I would like to share with you the updates that you will find in version 1.7 of the Divi Cloud Plugin.
- Whoa Betty! Want to keep your design arsenal a secret from clients or others with Admin access to a website? No problem, now within the Divi Cloud settings tab you will see that you now have the ability to rename the Plugin (ie: Your Name Design Files), add a custom URL (your website), change the plugin author name and author url, and write in a description. To apply the White Label details, click on Divi Cloud on the left hand side of your WordPress Dashboard and look for Settings.
- This is in response to your requests for a “full service” option of use. Maybe it’s us web designers more than clients that begin to tire of seeing the same thing over and over. When we put some creativity into the navigation bar, immediately a site is differentiated from the crowd. To view the Navigation options, click on Divi Cloud on the left hand side of your WordPress Dashboard, then select Divi Cloud and look at the navigation options across the top of the page.
Note: The navigation bar will have custom CSS – it is suggested you begin your design process by loading the navigation bar from the cloud. When you select navigation it imports styles into your Theme Customizer, hence overwriting what you have already.
- We are often asked how to save CSS snippets, and as of version 1.7 we have an answer for you if you have a package with Cloud Storage (Freelancer or Agency). On your Divi Cloud navigation bar you will see a tab labeled Snippets, give this a name that will resonate with you, add your snippet of code and save it to the cloud. CSS snippets of code could include Header font sizes or special colors. To view the Navigation options, click on Divi Cloud on the left hand side of your WordPress Dashboard, then select Divi Cloud and look at the navigation options across the top of the page.
A La Carte
- This isn’t new, but in case you have missed it A La Carte displays all of the contents available within the plugin that you have access to use. Andrew (among others), has a page on his website with the A La Carte layout installed which he calls Starter Sites, you can see that here. This is an option for any web design business, particularly those of you who are new to the business and don’t yet have a robust portfolio.
Layout Included with the Plugin
- If you own the plugin you have received one new layout this month.
- The designer has done a lovely job, there are animations, a place for a video, and an eye catching background. Editors tip: get a spa client and tell them you will make a site for trade, then go and get a bunch of lovely treatments – don’t tell them that it took you an hour to build their site!
Still with me? Thank you. I will be quick, one last thing I want to point out are how many sets we have. Since the plugin’s inception Layout Sets have been a huge priority for Rico. To view the sets, navigate to the left hand side of your WordPress dashboard click on Divi Cloud, then select the Divi Cloud option, from here you will see the Sets option on the top of your page.
You will find sets for:
- Charity (non profit)
- Hedge Fund
- Pet Care
- Real Estate
The Divi United team is super excited to offer you so much with one plugin. Enjoy, and please keep the feedback coming, we love your ideas!
If you haven’t signed up yet, click here to watch the tutorial video and set your business apart – Divi Cloud will change your business for the better.