- You are just getting started and you don’t really want to integrate MailChimp or MailerLite and manage another platform, use the Jetpack blog subscription feature.
- You don’t want to manually share each post on social media, use their automated social media promotion feature (I use this for one client and he LOVES it).
- You are a blogger and trying to get people to stay on your site longer and read more content – use the related posts feature. (I use this and so do most of my clients who have a blog).
- You like stats at a glance – use their stat tracker. 9Everyone loves this, it’s my favorite feature).
- You haven’t a clue where to begin with security – the’ve got you covered.
- You have a lot of images and your hosting isn’t lightening fast OR you are charged based on the bandwidth you consume – check out their CDN (content delivery network) called Photon, which automatically starts serving all your images from their servers (which are located around the world, so delivery speed can be pretty fast!) and automatically resizes images for mobile devices further improving speeds.
- You want to sell just a few things from your website but don’t want to get into all of the elaborate features of WooCommerce – they’ve got a one click solution to this!
- Their starter plan, which is only $3.50 a month provides daily backups, preferred email support (I love support and it’s value should never ever be underestimated), and spam filtering.
- For $9 a month you can be a part of their Ad Network delivery system (we discuss this in the interview) and they offer a concierge set up service (along with other features of course).
- And their Professional plan, for $29 a month you have access to even more features, this is perfect if you have a lot of clients.
A few things Jeff and I explored:
- Integrating the PayPal button into your site. This is a perfect option for someone who is selling just a few physical items. The integration means you don’t have to install and learn WooCommerce, which can be a challenge unto itself.
- Here are a few examples: https://tombolphotoworkshops.com/sign-up/
- https://bealtainecottage.com/bealtaine-cottage- publications-books-and-maps/
- https://massdoodles.com/ adoption-deposit/ in this example you’ll notice the style of the buttons are consistent, but mainly pulls the styles from the theme the site is using!
- Using Shortcodes to embed content into your site (such as Spotify), you can read more about that here
- Adding slideshows inside your posts and pages.
- Embedding Google Docs
- Adding Instagram
- Using video WITHOUT needing to first add it to Vimeo or YouTube.
Here are some relevant links to help:
- For getting a quick overview of Jetpack read this
- For seeing which features come with which plan read this
- To compare features read this
- For a deeper dive into each feature read this
- To stay uptown date with feature releases and how-tos on their features read their blog
- Join their Facebook Group
Enjoy the video. I thank Jeff for his time, he was so gracious, and there is a LOT here, so be sure to enjoy the whole thing.
I actually have had the good fortune of meeting Jeff in real life! We are part of the same WordPress MeetUp group. I would love for you to check out his website Design Tactician, his photography is beautiful! If you look at his Unsplash page I bet you even recognize some of his photos, they stand out as some of the most amazing (among that sea of incredible photos). I will share my favorite below – okay, took me a while to settle on a favorite – I need to revise that to, one I love. And if you are into eye candy follow Jeff Golenski on Instagram
I share my favorite feature of Jetpack during the interview, which one is yours? Feel free to share the sites you have built where Jetpack is running, and highlight the feature you are utilizing.